Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No More FREAKING Excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up yesterday morning & decided that there were NO MORE EXCUSES (except for an injury) for not getting on the bike, doing my core work, & using the Bowflex any more. I just finally got tired of just flat out being LAZY instead of putting in the effort required to getting in better shape. My friend Will gave me a Bowflex at the end of last year. I started out using it quite regularlly, but other things started creeping in on my workout time & I just let it happen. I also had bronchitis for the month of January. I couldn't ride, but that was no excuse for not doing any kind of core workouts. I was just too darn lazy to put in the effort. Through out the first have of the year, I would be consistent when things were going well, but when a monkey wrench was thrown into my plans, I let it get the better of me. Well that's not going to happen any more. I went for a 2 hour ride yesterday & felt good. I just kept a steady pace & averaged 18.45 mph for 36 miles. Later in the day I did a workout on the Bowflex (I cleared the area around it to use it) & finished the day doing some stretching from Cyclo-Zen. Today I commuted to & from work & did the recovery yoga workout from Cyclo-Zen & the cool down & stretch routine from Cyclo-Core. I set a goal to try to be 170 by January 1, 2010. My current weight is 209 lbs. I'll post my progress weekly at the very least. Thanks to everyone who reads this & feel free to comment to keep me honest in my endeavor.

1 comment:

Tightwads of PDX! said...

Awesome, James. Glad to hear about your renewed vigor and commitment! I'll post a link from Cyclo-CLUB...