Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm getting lighter

Got on the scales again this past Monday. I'm down to 206.8 lbs. Lost another 1.2 lbs., that makes a total of 4.4 lbs since I started about 4 weeks ago. I've been doing my best to eat right, but I occasionaly have weak moments just like everyone does. I've been trying to be as steady with my exercising as I can. I've finally got the job situation sorted out, so that's one big stress out of my life for the time being. I'm able to start being consistent about riding & doing some of the workouts from the club. I've started doing the Fix the Back - Stretch 3 times a week & doing the Core in 5 at least twice a week when I get up before leaving for work. I'm hoping the weather gets better so I can commute to & from work, to help get some much needed base miles in. I've been pretty consistent with working out this week. I had 5 x 5's to do on Monday. I warmed up using Warm in 5' , then used Cool in 5' after the ride. I also did the Fix the Back - Stretch before going to bed. Yesterday was doing Core in 5' before heading to work. I commuted to work, but the rain came early & had to get a ride home. I did a pyramid workout on the trainer & boy did it hurt. I think that should be considered cruel & unusual punishment. My legs are certainly feeling it today. Tonight was a tempo ride on the trainer to work out the soreness from yesterday's workout. I'm hoping the weather lifts tomorrow to get out on the road for a recovery ride, but only time will tell. I feel I'm getting stronger & using the workouts from the club & on the road workouts, it's only a matter of time. Thanks for all the support from everyone who reads this.

No comments: