Tuesday, December 2, 2008

8 Minute Power Routine & 5 x 5's

Today was supposed to be the Yoga Spin workout from Cyclo-Zen, but I substituted a different cycling workout. I warmed up for 15 minutes, then started 4 sets of 5 minutes hard, then 5 minutes easy. After I was done with the 4 sets, it was a 15 minute cool down. Once I was done with that it was time for the 8 Minute Power Routine from Cyclo-Zen. I forgot how hard this workout is. You start out with 50 reps of Hindu Squats, then going into push-ups, then crunches, and ending up with bicycle kicks. This is one tough workout. I hope to be able to do it at least twice here by the end of the workout schedule. I finished the workout using the Flexibilty, Stretching, & Cool Down routine from Cyclo-Core. I'm sure my abs will be feeling it in the next few days, but that's the price to pay for getting stronger. You can't get stronger if you don't push the limits & suffer once in a while. Stay tuned for more adventures.....

No comments: