Monday, December 29, 2008

Let's try this again!!!!!!!!!!

After such a disasterous start to my offseason, I just thought it would be a good idea to go back to square one & start totally from the beginning again. I missed so much earlier due to work & other life issues, that it would be a waste of time to start from where I left off. Fact of the matter is I forgot where I was in the 12 week offseason program, so starting from the beginning again seemed like the easiest thing to do. A couple weeks ago, I was doing some criterium practice with some friends. I was riding hard for a while then was doing some cool down laps when one of the other guys got froggy & I decided to chase him. I was turning a corner when the rear tire blew & I hit the pavement. My helmet is shot, but it served it's purpose. I guess I hit either the saddle or the top tube with the inside of my left leg because it's been sore since the crash. It's slowly getting better & not hurting as much. I've ridden a few times since then & my legs haven't been that bad. This past Saturday I was able to buy some upgrades for my Trek. I had a friend that was selling some Ultregra components for a reasonable price. Today was the first time I was able to take it for a ride & everything worked great. It shifted nice & crisp and my legs felt good the entire ride. I used the Warm in 5 before the ride & Cool in 5 after the ride. I also did my Bowflex workout & did the Cyclo-Zen Fix the Back: Stretch routine to losen up my back. All in all a good day & a good re-start to the offseason.

1 comment:

CQ said...

Here's to a good start! Glad to hear you are relatively ok after the crit crash.