Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time for an overdue update

Sorry for no posts lately, but the new year has been quite hectic already. I was able to get in all the workouts for last week. It took some doing & sacrifice to get them all in but I managed somehow to get it done. I was able to get out & ride on Sunday with my friend Eddie, we just did a 2 hour steady effort ride, it was a good ride with a great companion. I've learned a lot from Eddie & take what he tells me in, whether it be good or bad. I trust him when it comes to cycling & racing, seeing as he's been at it for much longer than I have. I wasn't able to get a ride in yesterday like I wanted to, I had so much stuff to finish up after the holidays, that yesterday was the only time I was going to have enough time to get it done. Today was the workout I probably hate the most. Today started out with the Bonus Ab & Core Conditioning workout from Cyclo-Core. I'm always sore for a few days after that workout & I know it's really going to hurt seeing as I haven't done it for quite sometime. During the workout it certainly showed how far off I had gotten. After that suffering was over, it was time to do the Body Weight Resistance workouts #2 & #3 from Cyclo-Core. I managed to do the Static Body Pike exercise 3 times today & I was certainly feeling it the last time. I had to skip the Twisting Crunches & Standard Crunches from Body Weight workout #3 because my abs were starting to hurt already. I'm hoping to get some miles in tomorrow but it will probably be on the trainer. The forecast calls for 20-30 mph winds tomorrow. I'll just have to see what the weather brings & go from there. That's about all I have for now, stay tuned for more posts....

No comments: