Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm feeling it still

My legs are certainly still feeling the workout from Tuesday. On Wednesday my workout consisted of warming up for 10 minutes on the bike, then doing Body Weight Conditioning Circuits #2 & #3, then it was back on the bike for 30 mintues, the first 10 minutes warming the legs back up, then 2 x 5 minutes in a big gear with minute rest between sets. After that it was 5 minutes at a high cadence with 10 seconds of super-spinning inserted in each minute in the small chain ring. The rest of the workout was just cooling down. Yesterday, it was just a totally bad day. Things started bad early at work & just stayed that way the entire day. By the time I got home from work, I was tired & really didn't feel like doing a workout. I feel kind of guilty about not doing it, but my mind wouldn't have been into it, so I would have really not gained anything from the workout. I possibly would have hurt something by not really paying attention to the workout. Today was a much better day. I did today's workout which consisted of doing Resistance Training - Funcitonal Circuit #3 from Cyclo-Core. That workout is challenging for me, it definately works my balance doing some of the exercises. The last part of the workout was doing Cyclo-Zen's Fix the Back Core Training Program: both the Strength & Flexibility workouts. I feel much better now that I was able to get the workout done. I was hoping to get outdoors & ride tomorrow, but the weather isn't looking that great to ride outdoors, so I guess it will be trainer time. I also got a surprise in the mail today. I received my Walz cycling cap for winning last month. I must say it really is a nice looking cap, especially with The Everyday Cyclist Challenge logo stitched on the side. I can't wait to show it to my friends. Thanks for reading & the comments, they really are a help to me.

No comments: