Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today was tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was the other workout I dread doing besides the Ab & Core workout from Cyclo-Core. Today started out with the 45 minute Yoga Spin workout from Cyclo-Zen. The yoga parts of the workout are the easy part, it's the spin part that will flat wear you out. The harder the gearing got, the lower my cadence became. I tried to keep up a good quick cadence, but by the time you are in a 53 x 15 or 53 x 14, it's just flat out hard to pedal 100 + rpms in that gearing. As I was watching the spin part of the video, I noticed something each time they did a close up of the back of Graeme's bike. Maybe I was just delirious from the workout, but it seemed to me that each time they showed the rear wheel of his bike, it was in the same gear on the rear cassette. As I progressed to the harder gears, it seemed that Graeme was having no problem with a high cadence in the same gearing. I guess I was just suffering more than I thought I was during the spinning part of the workout. If anyone else has noticed the same thing, please let me know. If you haven't noticed that, I'll just chalk it up to my semi-insanity. As if the Yoga Spin workout wasn't enough torture tonight, the program called for one time through the Power workout from Cyclo-Zen also. That workout may only last 8 minutes, but it's certainly 8 minutes of pain, torture, & total agony. I actually was happy to be able to do all the exercises in that workout, but I know I'll be feeling it later this week. The workout ended with the cool down & stretching routine from Cyclo-Core. That certainly was a welcome relief after all that torture!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow not too sore, but we'll just have to wait & see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sure you'll be sore. And yes Graeme's gearing is not always what is called out. Watch the Cyclo-CLIMB it's way off he's in his small ring when they zoom in and I'm in the big ring (+ he uses a compact crank!)

James said...

Thanks for confirming my suspitions. At least I now know I wasn't delirious from suffering on the workout. I just downloaded Cyclo-Climb, haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I certainly will.

Unknown said...

WOW! I think my muscles got a little sore reading your post from their memory of doing that combo! It is an insane workout. Congrats on finishing it. I love the power routine in theory but hate it while I'm doing it, then I love it again once I'm done.

I've always had too much sweat in my eyes to notice Graeme's gearing. I have such a hard time keeping the cadence in that workout so I usually make modifications and say, ok, I'll keep 100rpm for x seconds, drop down for a little bit to about 90rpm and then back up. Each time I *try* and push it for more time.

Way to go- keep strong!!!