Sunday, March 1, 2009

Life & other things

I know it's been quite a long bit of time since my last post, but life just has a way of taking good plans & throwing monkey wrenches in them whenever it can. I've been out of town for work & thought that the hotel I was staying in would have at least a stationary bike to ride, but that was one of life's monkey wrenches. All they had were 2 treadmills & an eliptical trainer. I brought along a small dvd player & the Core & Zen dvd's to workout, but once again, another monkey wrench. The buttons of the dvd player had been covered with something & were either sticking or not working at all, so needless to say I got no workouts in at all that week out of town. Last week I was able to learn to ride rollers & actually used them one day for an hour. Riding rollers is a harder workout than using a fluid trainer. I rode for only an hour, but I was totally exhausted after that hour. I was able to do 20.2 miles in that hour & only had to touch the walls twice while reaching for a water bottle. I'm going to try to ride the rollers at least twice a week & get better on them. I'm also going to start posting my weight each Monday to keep me accountable on watching what I'm eating. I hope that this will help me watch what I eat & will help me get my weight under control. I'm hoping that I will hear from people that read this blog for support on my good weeks or get on my case for not sticking with things. I have a scale so each Monday night I will post my weight & the following week will have the amount of weight I've either lost or gained. Thanks to everyone who reads this blog & thanks for all your support.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cyclo-FUEL would get you started on the right track. Begin with the Fat-bootcamp. its like a purge week.