Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of the Challenge

Today is the fist day of my Everyday Cyclist Challenge. My goal is to lose some weight. My current weight is 202 lbs.

Breakfast: 2 Kellogg's Special K waffles
1 tsp peanut butter
1 small banana
1 cup fat free milk.

This morning I did something I hadn't done in quite awhile. I borrowed a full suspension mt. bike from the local bike shop and rode some trails not to far from my home. I was cautious the first lap, but still mananged to hit the dirt one time. I was feeling a bit more confident on the second lap, which was a mistake. I not only hit the dirt once, but twice on the second lap. I didn't break any bones or the bike. I did have fun and am going to give it another try sometime soon. I hope to go with someone so I can follow the lines they take on the trails to improve.

Lunch: Ham & cheese sandwich on wheat bread
3 0z. celery
1 pickle

Later in the afternoon, I went out on the road bike for a recovery ride. My legs certainly needed it. I just took it easy for 17 miles. My legs certainly felt better after the ride.

Dinner: 1/2 cup pot roast
1/2 cup corn
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup baked beans
2 dinner rolls

I did do the Fix the Back - Stay in the Drops stretching routine from Cyclo-Zen then followed that up with the strecthing & cool down routine from Cyclo-Core. I happy with the start I'm off to & hope to keep it up. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: