Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Change in the workout today

Today the program schedule was 45 minutes on the trainer, practicing One Leg Drills (OLD's), then super spins then steady increases in tempo, followed by a cool down. I didn't do that workout. I received a call from my friend Will. He told me he was going out riding with his friend Tim & asked if I wanted to join them. The weather was just beautiful, so I had a real tough decision. Stay indoors and do the workout on the trainer, or enjoy some good company, beautiful weather and ride outdoors. Needless to say, I was outdoors riding today. Tim is a Cat 3 racer. I met them at Will's house, so I was nice and warmed up by the time they were ready to go. We headed out into a slight headwind. Once we had a bit of a tailwind, Tim decided he was feeling a bit on the froggy side. He took off & I was doing over 31 mph & he was pulling away from me. I was certainly impressed. We headed back towards Will's house & he was still riding strong. All in all, I think I had a harder workout riding with friends, than if I had stayed indoors. My legs are certainly feeling the effort of today, even with doing Cool in 5' after I got home. I ended up doing 35 miles with an average speed of 19.62 mph. It was a good ride with good company.

No comments: