Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Offseason has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday I offically kicked off my offseason training program. The weather was nice yesterday afternoon, so I decided it would be great to get out on the road and do some easy riding. I kept it in the small ring the entire ride and just kept up a steady cadence. Later in the evening, it was time to start with the 12 week program. The program workout consisted of easy spinning and cadence increasing, but staying steady. After doing the cycling portion of the program, it was time for the Bowflex. I think that I'm going to do only one set of each exercise for this week, then start doing 2 sets of each exercise from next week on out. Today was one of my favorite (NOT) workouts. Today was the bonus ab & core conditioning workout from Cyclo-Core. I really wasn't looking forward to this workout, basically because I knew it was going to be hard. I hadn't been doing much core training here lately and this workout certainly showed me that I have lots of work to do in that department. I couldn't even stay with Graeme for most of the exercises. I know I'm going to be sore the next couple of days from this, but I've no one to blame for my laziness, but dear lil ol me. After the ab workout, it was time for the Body-Weight conditioning circuit #1 from Cyclo-Core. I just used 10# dumbbells for this workout, getting used to doing it again. All in all a good start to the offseason, stay tuned for more rants and raves as I suffer once again.

No comments: