Friday, November 7, 2008

Getting used to the Bowflex

On Wednesday, I did the workout on the Bowflex for the second time. I was a bit quicker on the transtions from one exercise to the next. My muscles were used to the movements a bit more than I was on Monday. I was a bit sore Tuesday, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Using a Bowflex is certainly different than using the usual weight machine or free weights. I'm used to hearing the clanking of metal when working out, with the Bowflex, it's quiet. If not for the resistance, you probably wouldn't even know you were moving the power rods at all. I'm out of town this weekend for work and to help my dad with things around his house, so I won't be able to use the Bowflex this weekend. I did bring my bike and I do remember the Cyclo-Warm & Cool in 5' from Graeme, so I'm planning on riding this weekend and using them. Come Monday, is the OFFICIAL kick-off to my off-season training, so hello Hindu squats, yoga spins, and the 8' power routine. I'll let everyone know how things go and we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm starting my Off season this week too. We'll have to see who keeps to the plan. I always miss about a two weeks in the whole 12 weeks.