Monday, November 24, 2008

Off to a good start

Sorry I haven't posted anything for some time, but after getting home from work, doing my workouts, eating dinner, and getting ready for the next day, it really doesn't leave much time for posting here. I'll try to post more often than just once a week. This past week was the real start of my offseason program. I used Graeme's 12 week off season program using Core & Zen. I also have a Bowflex that I'm using to help tone up my upper body. The only other thing I'm going to add to the program is that I'm going to do more riding, either on the trainer or outdoors whenever I have the opportunity, than the 12 week program allows. Down where I live we have a group of riders that get together every Saturday for what is called the Peach Peloton rides. They start out comfortable then each week the distance & intesity increase. I learned last year that I had to spend more time on the bike during the week in order to stay with them for at least half of the ride, therefore that's why I'm adding a bit more riding time to the offseason program. I took vacation this week, so I have plenty of time to get more riding in this week. I have a new frame and saddle and need to break it in. The only way I know of accomplishing that task is to have my behind on the bike as often as possible. I'm not looking for intensity right at this moment, just looking for seat time. I've been watching my diet here as much as I can, but I know it's going to be tough this week with Thanksgiving coming up, then with the Christmas season starting. I'm going to do my best to be careful & choose wisely what & how much I eat. I won't deprive myself of havning some treats, learned the hard way last year that wasn't a good idea. I'll have some treats from time to time, but I'll do my best not to overdo it during this holiday season. I'm hoping to get a ride in later today, just waiting for the temp to rise just a bit more, & if I get a ride in, I might just put in another post tonight.

No comments: