Monday, November 3, 2008

Playing with a new toy

Today I the first time I was able to try the new toy I received yesterday. My friend Will had a Bowflex Extreme in his garage. I asked him a few weeks ago if I could borrow it to use during this offseason. He told me I could have it, seeing as he wasn't using it and wanted it out of his garage. I got with him yesterday after church and we went to his house and loaded it up and brought it to it's new home. I read a bit on how to use it last night and was going to do a workout earlier today, but the weather was just so nice & seeing as I'm off on Monday's I decided that I would go for a ride & use the Bowflex later in the evening. I went out and rode for just a bit over 2 hours today, the temps were nice, the roads didn't have much traffic, and the legs felt good. I kept it in the small ring, using today as a recovery ride. The only downer on the entire ride was that I had a headwind for most of the way back home. Such is life around here. After eating dinner, it was time to try out the Bowflex. Using that is different than lifting weights. I only did 1 set of each exercise, trying to get used to how each exercise is set up on the machine. It was a fun way to strength train. I'm sure I'll be a bit sore either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm going to use the Bowflex 3 times a week during the off-season in addition to the 12 week off-season training plan I bought from Graeme last year. I'm going to start that part of my off-season training next week. I'm just so looking forward to doing Hindu squats, Yoga spins, and the 8' power workout again. That's about all I have for now, stayed tuned for more.....

No comments: